As your healthcare advocate, i can:
- Review confusing medical reports
- Research and discuss your healthcare information, including diagnosis, care recommendations, and treatment risks and benefits
- Explore your preferences regarding health care alternatives
- Assist with communications between you and your doctor or other healthcare provider, including developing key questions to ask
- Research insurance denials of care, and when possible, help you appeal the denial
- With your permission, discuss health issues, options, and choices with family members and friends
AS YOUR HEALTHCARE ADVOCATE, I CAN not:
Provide any medical treatment or make decisions about tests and treatments.
All medical care will be directed and delivered by your health care providers according to your choices.
AS YOUR HEALTHCARE ADVOCATE, I need:
Health history information, your medical records, and any physician report.
Overview of your health insurance benefits, copays, and deductibles.
General understanding of the financial resources available for your medical care.
Knowledge about your support system -- family, friends, etc.
All information is strictly protected under
federal privacy laws and regulations.